Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My New Hobby: Photography

For the past couple years I've been dreaming of making the leap from a normal point and shoot camera to something a little more quality. Being the cheap ass that I am, I never made the leap....but this past Christmas my hubby (with the guidance of a very good friend *cough* christy *cough*) purchased me the best Christmas gift ever. A Canon Rebel T3. I have since been in heaven. And to top it off, I got a pretty sweet lens, a new bag and a camera strap to go with it...courtesy of my mother in law and Christy. Score!

In addition to the actual camera, I've gained some invaluable advice from Christy who has taught me pretty much everything I know. I was even lucky enough to tag along on a wedding shoot with her. Such a great learning experience and I'm so excited to see how I grow.

I'm just so grateful I now have the tools to capture some really amazing photos of my kiddos and maybe take a few photos here and there for friends and family. Plus, I was in need of a new hobby and its nice to have this creative outlet. Here's a few shots I've taken over the past couple months.













My teacher, my bff, my beautiful subject....honored to take her headshots:)

No comments: